After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1)
After our CC2015 presentation we got a lot of messages telling us that the new preview system didn’t work perfectly all the time and that the audio playback wasn’t as good as promised. Good new guys, Adobe just released a update who fix all that problems.
Here is a list of some improvements :
- Fixed a problem that caused After Effects to not respond to commands to stop previews or to respond slowly when changing layer parameters, including entering text in a text layer. When the Warp Stabilizer VFX and 3D Camera Tracker effects were present anywhere in the project, they caused After Effects to become unresponsive to keyboard and mouse input during frame renders.
- Audio now starts immediately during previews.
- Stopping an audio preview returns the current-time indicator (CTI) to the previous position, as it did in previous versions of After Effects.
- Adding audio markers during a preview (by pressing * on the numeric keypad) no longer causes the preview frame rate to slow down, which then caused audio to drop or stutter.
- Scrubbing audio slowly now has a delay before beginning a loop around the CTI.
The CTI and preview-time indicator (PTI) no longer disappear after scrubbing audio.
- Auto-trace has been rewritten to address problems with the new threading architecture.
- The z-axis handle on 3D layers works as expected.
- Changes to Camera Raw settings apply to the footage as expected and without causing Photoshop File Format errors.
MXF files from Sony cameras again import as expected.
- Audio plug-ins like Trapcode Sound Keys and BorisFX Beat Reactor now function correctly.
- Multiple copies of certain effects, like those from RE:Vision Effects, no longer produce errors about I_MIX_GUID_DEPENDENCIES.